Back in 2008, then Candidate Barack Obama made a lot of statements about President Bush. Even though President Bush wasn’t campaigning, he still pounded and pounded. There’s many comments that Barack Obama won against John McCain by running against President Bush.
The problem with that is the he’s become, in many ways, exactly what he criticized President Bush as being. Here’s a prime example. In 2008, in a townhall meeting in Pennsylvania he made the claim that President Bush was trying to expand the powers of the Executive Branch. Claiming that he took the constitution very seriously. I’ve posted the video here.
What’s interesting, and very timely is that Senator Ted Cruz released yesterday a list of abuses of Executive Powers. Doing more than what the then candidate Barack Obama criticized President Bush for doing. Here’s just a few to wet your whistle from the Daily Caller article which you can see the full sourced list at:
1. “Obama implemented portions of the DREAM Act by executive action”
2. “Ended some terror asylum restrictions”
3. “Recognized same sex marriage in Utah despite a Supreme Court stay on a court order allowing the institution”
4. “Illegally revealed the existence of sealed indictments in the Benghazi investigation”
5. “Illegally delayed Obamacare verification of eligibility for healthcare subsidies”
6. “Ordered Boeing to fire 1,000 employees in South Carolina and shut down a new factory because it was non-union”
7. “Terminated the pensions of 20,000 non-union Delphi employees in the GM bankruptcy.”
8. “Government agencies are engaging in ‘Operation Choke Point,’ where the government asks banks to ‘choke off’ access to financial services for customers engaging in conduct the Administration does not like—such as ‘ammunition sales.’”
Not only did he get elected deriding abuse of Executive Powers, he’s taken it to new levels. If the people who voted for Obama because of statements like this read this list and actually follow the sources, they really ought to feel cheated. I know I do, and I didn’t even vote for the man.
UPDATE: You can see Senator Cruz’s list here.
Recently Snoop Dog has come out and tweeted his top 10 reasons to not vote for Mitt Romney. The top reason to not vote for Romney: “He’a white n****.” The top reason to vote for Obama: “He’s a black n****.” Classic racist. But that will be explained away because Snoop is black and black people can’t be racist.
Of course, there’ll be a bunch of useful idiots who will just follow him and vote based on color. But that’s OK because Barack is Black.
This is just like my previous post about the “Vote Black” buttons at the Democrat National Convention. Racism seems to be OK if it’s for the benefits of the Democrats.
There’s one way I know when someone is just trying to demonize someone, that’s when they are using generalities. The Democrats really know how to demonize someone. Sadly, many people don’t see past the generalities and get suckered into believing the lie.
For years we’ve been told that Republicans, all of them, are racist. That they will never vote for a black person just because they are black. So many times we’ve been told that. Don’t believe me, just search for “GOP racism”, or “republican racist” and you get blog after blog, faux study after faux study. It’s everywhere.
I had a post on Facebook that basically called out those who believed it (because of posts and comments they had made). The only response was to the effect of “well, it’s not that bad to falsely accuse someone of racism”.
Now, if it’s racist to vote for someone because they are white, what do you make of this:
Photo By JESSICA RINALDI/REUTERS
That’s right, the Democrats engaging in the double standard, encouraging votes by race instead of by vitrtues of accomplishments and policy. I guess they need to get the votes any way they can.