Here’s a good article about how the Obama Administration (including the State Department) has tried to get around FOIA requests.
“…the Obama White House has turned stonewalling into an art form. A favorite tactic is to ignore or string out the requests. That’s what State did in Mrs. Clinton’s case, claiming it simply couldn’t get around to issuing her emails until next year…”
Well, that’s surprising. No, not really.
Remember back when President Obama procured the release of a solder that had been captive by the Taliban for years? Army Sgt Bowe Burgdhal who was held captive by the Taliban was released in exchange for 5 Taliban solders from the Gitmo detention center. President even held a press conference to proudly show the American people that we do not leave solders behind.
Well, flash forward to today and we see that the Army is officially charging Sergeant Burgdhal with desertion.
So, we release 5 murderous creeps out into the wild of the Mid East just so we can charge a solder with Desertion. This just highlights how inept this administration is. How much harm will these 5 cause now?
National Review has more on this story.
Back in 2008, then Candidate Barack Obama made a lot of statements about President Bush. Even though President Bush wasn’t campaigning, he still pounded and pounded. There’s many comments that Barack Obama won against John McCain by running against President Bush.
The problem with that is the he’s become, in many ways, exactly what he criticized President Bush as being. Here’s a prime example. In 2008, in a townhall meeting in Pennsylvania he made the claim that President Bush was trying to expand the powers of the Executive Branch. Claiming that he took the constitution very seriously. I’ve posted the video here.
What’s interesting, and very timely is that Senator Ted Cruz released yesterday a list of abuses of Executive Powers. Doing more than what the then candidate Barack Obama criticized President Bush for doing. Here’s just a few to wet your whistle from the Daily Caller article which you can see the full sourced list at:
1. “Obama implemented portions of the DREAM Act by executive action”
2. “Ended some terror asylum restrictions”
3. “Recognized same sex marriage in Utah despite a Supreme Court stay on a court order allowing the institution”
4. “Illegally revealed the existence of sealed indictments in the Benghazi investigation”
5. “Illegally delayed Obamacare verification of eligibility for healthcare subsidies”
6. “Ordered Boeing to fire 1,000 employees in South Carolina and shut down a new factory because it was non-union”
7. “Terminated the pensions of 20,000 non-union Delphi employees in the GM bankruptcy.”
8. “Government agencies are engaging in ‘Operation Choke Point,’ where the government asks banks to ‘choke off’ access to financial services for customers engaging in conduct the Administration does not like—such as ‘ammunition sales.’”
Not only did he get elected deriding abuse of Executive Powers, he’s taken it to new levels. If the people who voted for Obama because of statements like this read this list and actually follow the sources, they really ought to feel cheated. I know I do, and I didn’t even vote for the man.
UPDATE: You can see Senator Cruz’s list here.
While campaigning in 2008, Barack Obama criticized President Bush for trying to go around congress.