We all know the season. We need to find a replacement for President Obama and there’s no shortage of people who think they are capable, ready, and what this country needs. With that there’s always the media who’s willing to try to persuade our viewpoints. This provides for us a plethora of clips of media members asking some really stupid questions. Gotcha questions. One sided biased questions. Even questions that might not even be questions but more of a editorial comment posed as a question. We’ve already seen a few so far, but this has to be one of the worst so far. Just sit back and get ready to get that creepy uncomfortable feeling down your back…
Yeah, um, apparently Cruz isn’t Cuban enough for Halperin and he wants the world to know. Sorry, but that’s just a jerk thing to do Halperin. You earned to Unfit for the Internet award!
Back in 2008, then Candidate Barack Obama made a lot of statements about President Bush. Even though President Bush wasn’t campaigning, he still pounded and pounded. There’s many comments that Barack Obama won against John McCain by running against President Bush.
The problem with that is the he’s become, in many ways, exactly what he criticized President Bush as being. Here’s a prime example. In 2008, in a townhall meeting in Pennsylvania he made the claim that President Bush was trying to expand the powers of the Executive Branch. Claiming that he took the constitution very seriously. I’ve posted the video here.
What’s interesting, and very timely is that Senator Ted Cruz released yesterday a list of abuses of Executive Powers. Doing more than what the then candidate Barack Obama criticized President Bush for doing. Here’s just a few to wet your whistle from the Daily Caller article which you can see the full sourced list at:
1. “Obama implemented portions of the DREAM Act by executive action”
2. “Ended some terror asylum restrictions”
3. “Recognized same sex marriage in Utah despite a Supreme Court stay on a court order allowing the institution”
4. “Illegally revealed the existence of sealed indictments in the Benghazi investigation”
5. “Illegally delayed Obamacare verification of eligibility for healthcare subsidies”
6. “Ordered Boeing to fire 1,000 employees in South Carolina and shut down a new factory because it was non-union”
7. “Terminated the pensions of 20,000 non-union Delphi employees in the GM bankruptcy.”
8. “Government agencies are engaging in ‘Operation Choke Point,’ where the government asks banks to ‘choke off’ access to financial services for customers engaging in conduct the Administration does not like—such as ‘ammunition sales.’”
Not only did he get elected deriding abuse of Executive Powers, he’s taken it to new levels. If the people who voted for Obama because of statements like this read this list and actually follow the sources, they really ought to feel cheated. I know I do, and I didn’t even vote for the man.
UPDATE: You can see Senator Cruz’s list here.